Prep Team Volunteer
Each week, HIP Prep Team Volunteers prepare meals and other food items to support HIP's programs.
Location & Times
Lake City Presbyterian Church
- 3841 NE 123rd Street, Seattle, WA 98125 (map)
- Mondays and Fridays, 9–11am
Cooking Demonstration Assistant
Work alongside Registered Dietitians, dietetic interns or volunteers to prepare healthy recipes highlighting the foods available to clients at the food bank.
- North Helpline Food Bank
- Varies Weekly. Wednesdays 9–11am, Thursdays 3–5pm, Saturdays 8:30–10:30am.
Special Projects Volunteer
Throughout the year, HIP hosts special events and volunteer nights. There are also opportunities to volunteer based on your special skills (writing, photography, videography, recipe development, finance, marketing, fundraising, etc). Please complete a volunteer application, indicating your particular interests and availability.
We are currently recruiting volunteers for our Summer Meal Program. To volunteer, please complete our Summer Meal Interest Form. If you are interested in other volunteer opportunities with HIP, please email .
- » Complete the Volunteer Application
- » Attend a HIP orientation
- » Complete the Confidentiality & Hold Harmless forms
- » Basic food handling skills helpful
- » Washington Food Worker Permit desirable
HIP is grateful for the support and dedication of our individual and group volunteers. Thank you!
- 24/7 Young Adults
- Casey Family Programs
- Cub Scouts, Pack 307/338
- Edmonds Community College, Americorp
- Lake City Presbyterian Church
- Japanese Presbyterian Church youth
- Microsoft Management Leadership Team
- Seattle Central Community College students
- Seattle University College of Nursing students
- Seattle University Executive Leadership Program
- Shoreline Community College, Service Learning
- University of Washington, Service Learning
- Wedgwood Presbyterian Church youth
- Work Opportunities of Edmonds